Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

 

Currently Reading: Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland

Currently Listening To: Gabriella Cilmi’s “Lessons To Be Learnt” [fave song: Cigarettes And Lies]

Current Mood: Meh

 

So another year almost over.

 

Christmas included catching up with my sister for champagne at the local hotel, and then off to the parent’s house for dinner.

 

My uncle spent a great deal of time bitching about some other relatives turning up late because of a new granddaughter (who had sleeping patterns etc, this girl is not even one year old yet) and I thought that was rather ironic and slightly annoying, his two kids are 3 ½ and 9, and for years our family gatherings have been tailored around their sleeping or feeding or whatnot so I thought it was rather off that he spent all afternoon saying, “I’m sorry but I don’t want my Christmas revolving around…..”

 

My step mother happen to find these bon-bons with little whistles in it, and in the pack you got sheets of music and the idea was to yell out the numbers on the whistles and the person/s who had that number should blow, thus making any number of songs. It was great fun but somehow the music was lost on us.

 

Dinner was a buffet of carefully created meals. I was sitting between my step mother’s aunt and my aunt, my step mother’s brother’s wife. She is awesome and I love her, but I don’t know my step mother’s aunt at all so that was a bit awkward.

 

Otherwise I felt like an idiot when I took my first sip of wine and happened to spill it all over my plate. So that required some skill to carefully mop it up without everyone else knowing.

 

I have a habit of spilling drinks, I was at work one day and lifted up my drink bottle and not knowing the top was only half screwed on I spilt the whole water bottle down my front. That was a good look!

 

Present-wise, year was average to low. We do Kris Kringle in my family with the adults and I asked to be included this year. For some reason unknown to me I received a JB HiFi voucher and all I have to say is, have I ever expressed an interest in JB?! I went out today and brought NCIS Season 4, but still I thought it was odd.

 

We played billiards on my parent’s pool table, where I managed to hit my own ball in the pocket! I purposely shot it hard and on an angle to get it out of the pocket it was so close to being shot into, only to have it rebound perfectly to the opposite side of the table. Everyone was congratulating me on a brilliant shot until I said it was my ball.

 

I was home at about midnight, where I got on web cam with this guy I used to know, he was attempting to convince me to strip or masturbate for him or something. All he got was me taking my corset off, which made no difference as where the cam was positioned all you could see was my upper shoulders and neck, and they were bare anyway because of the corset.

 

Today I slept in until 2pm, where I put on my sheets and doona for washing and watched Lake Placid (aka awesome as crocodile movie). Then I went down to the strip of shops near my house and hired two movies: Juno & Phoebe In Wonderland.

 

Both were awesome and I vote you go and watch them NOW.

 

And now I’m talking to this guy. We went to primary school together, were never friends, went to different high schools and now for him to track me down via facebook and we’ve formed a sort of friendship.

 

During which, I think I’ve fallen for him.

 

Which is bad because he’s such a player and is messing with my head BADLY. I think I’ve come to the conclusion I have to get over it, which I almost am. He made a comment the other night saying that things can be taken many ways and that people take them the way they want to hear. Which made me think. Its very true. He sent me a message about a week ago and I took it one way – which is what I wanted to hear. He obviously didn’t mean it like that, and I read it to my friend who took it another way too.

 

So we talk on a daily basis and I have to accept it and move on.

 

I moved on from my ex by talking to a bunch of other people; I made a comment to a friend that “who said wasn’t good to move on by talking to other people lied! Its great!”

 

So I think I now need to get another love interest, and I can get over him and his games.

 

Drama Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment